ShipLoc operates in two modes:
Ship tracking for ship owners:
- The ShipLoc system provides ship owners with permanent tracking of their ships, 24 times a day.
- The system is installed on board ready to function. Once powered, the unit immediately starts to send regular reports to the ship owner.
- Information such as speed, heading and location of the vessel are displayed on the ShipLoc website.
Immediate Alert Notification:
- The alert is sent only from ship to shore and not to other ships in the area. The alert is discrete with no indication of its activation to people on board.
- This crisis mode is initiated by activating the panic button, and reports are immediately sent to the Shipowner, the IMB and the competent authority.
- Data can be accessed on the ShipLoc website or with dedicated software.