ShipLoc operates in two modes:
Ship tracking for ship owners:
- The ShipLoc system provides the ship owners a permanent tracking of their ships 6 or 24 times a day.
- The system is installed on board ready to function. Once powered, the unit immediately starts to send regular reports to the ship owner.
- Information such as speed, heading, location of the vessel, but also meteorological indicators (waves, air pressure, wind...) are displayed on the ShipLoc website.
Immediate Alert Notification:
- The alert is sent only from ship to shore and not to other ships around. The alert is discrete with no indication of its activation to people on board.
- This crisis mode is initiated by activating the panic button, and reports are immediately sent to the Shipowner, the IMB and the competent authority.
- Data can be accessed on the ShipLoc Website or with dedicated software.